Linea ar srl deals directly with the design and manufacture of moulds on behalf of its clients, who can therefore rely on decades of experience in the design and use of polyurethane moulds. This guarantees the client’s maximum efficiency and effectiveness.
After the moulds’ 3D CAD design, they are manufactured and assembled by our mould-making partners, then tested and put into production.
Linea ar srl offers its clients two distinct mould-making technologies: epoxy resin moulds and aluminium moulds.
Epoxy resin moulds are made from a full-scale CNC-moulded model from a client’s design. Following this, the mould partitions are constructed and assembled. The epoxy resin is then spread over the model and hardens to form the mould, which is then mounted on metal frames. A manual approach that requires a great deal of experience, but which allows even large shapes to be produced quickly and inexpensively.
The aluminium moulds are CNC processed directly from the client’s design by importing material from aluminium blocks. Due to the manufacturing technique and mechanical properties of aluminium, they are more accurate and robust than resin moulds, allowing for more technical and complex shapes.
Contact us now to request a quote!
- Low cost
- Easy to make large shapes
- They suffer from wear and tear over time (average life of 5,000 casts)
- They generally require radial and rounded shapes
- Much cheaper than steel moulds.
- Ideal for complex technical shapes, even with thin material thicknesses
- Long life and very low wear (average life of 50,000 casts)
- Costs are generally higher than with resin moulds, particularly as the size increases